What is NJASL?NJASL is the professional organization for school librarians in the State of New Jersey. NJASL is your link to:
- NJ Department of Education
- NJ State Legislature
- NJ State Board of Education
- NJ State Library
- NJ Education Association
- American Association of School Librarians / ALA
- Parent and Administrative Organizations
- other NJ Educational Organizations
- County School Librarians' Organizations
Why Join NJASL?Members of NJASL:
- have access to our statewide listserv.
- are eligible for awards and scholarships.
- receive monthly newsletters with information about issues, events, and resources and services of value to school librarians and school library programs.
- serve on committees; vote on association business and run for office.
- may serve in the NJ Department of Education approved mentoring program.
- receive discounted registrations for the annual fall and spring Professional Development programs.
- have access to NJASL-developed advocacy tools, curriculum resources, and other publications.
Who Joins NJASL?
- Pre-K-12 school library media specialists
- Graduate students enrolled in school library media programs
- District coordinators/supervisors
- College/University educators
- Public librarians serving children/young adults
- Retired School Library Media Specialists
- School library Vendors
- Other stakeholders and library advocates